Many of our lease offers recently have included full maintenance- you’re probably familiar with what it includes, but if you’re not (and it’s more than just the servicing)- here’s a useful guide to fixed cost motoring!
- Tyres – Run flat tyres for the premium marques like Audi, BMW and Mercedes can often cost upwards of £250 each! Punctures are also usually included. An average 2 year lease is almost always likely to require at least one pair of tyres.
- Routine Servicing - Whether your car has fixed service intervals or variable, all the servicing required is covered to the manufacturers schedule.
- Repairs – Of worn parts during the life of the vehicle
- Consumables – For example wiper blades.
- MOT – If you lease a car for over 3 years from its first registration, it’ll need an MOT- this is covered!
Whether we like to admit it or not, a large finance company can almost always haggle a better deal for servicing than the general public simply due to their massive buying power. Why take a gamble on the cost of servicing and tyres when you can fix the costs before you’ve even taken delivery?
The only variable costs really are fuel and insurance!
Here’s an example. The Mercedes C220CDI SE Auto Saloon is currently on offer from £271.99 per month- it includes maintenance (in fact, were we to take maintenance out, the price would go up!). Over 2 years, it’s going to need at least one service (at Mercedes-Benz garages this would be in the region of £260) and a set of rear tyres (at around £160 each). That’s at least £580 of costs to budget for supposing you don’t get any punctures along the way! Why not spread out the cost? Of course, the higher mileage you do the more these costs increase, the argument for full maintenance only gets bigger as your mileage increases.
This is just a short guide- for more details call us and we can go through these points in more detail, and of course if you’d like to place an order on the fantastic C Class, just get in touch!